Sunday, December 23, 2012

Walnuts and Red Onion

My next experiments have started.  The first is walnut shells.  I bought 3 bags of walnuts, then after cracking the shells open, I put them in a bag, then into the dye pot.  The reason that this looks a little empty, is because I removed many of the hulls, and put more liquid into a second bottle.

I am separating the dye into two separate dyes to compare colors again, just as was done with the black rice.






Here is my batch of red onion skins.  The best source of onion skins are the grocery store.  The clerk at the register might look at you funny.  If you have a farmer's market, they are more than willing to give you their skins.  This batch was also split into two batches.










Here are all four dyes that will sit in their containers will sit for about 5 days.


No comments: