1st and 2nd - Mom's early Socks. 3rd - One of my first socks, Cuff Down. One prior pair MIA, another OTN, and first one had Single sock syndrome. 4th, 5th, 6th (and Closeup) are Toe-up. 7th - House socks, Toe-up with Cat B.'s Cuff Last - Patriotic Sock, Toe-up with Cat B.'s Riverbed Pattern and K,SS,K,P2 cuff.
Here are a couple of pictures of a Dish Cloth I gave as a Gift to my State Contact at the Assembly I went to in DC. This is an original design. I started with using the Multi-color only (Too much color). I tried to use the Mulit-Color in the stitch definition (Too complicated). I finally took it to DC, and knit the Border, then went to inside and outside of the mulit-colored yarn, and knit the inner color. Blocking in warn water really helped the project. The yarn is Berroco Comfort DK.
This is a good picture of the colors.
This is a better picture of the stitch definition.
While the ladies in dishcloth_haven were chatting about food, I came home and cooked up some fiber dye. My first blank does not have a color name. The second blank does.
The colors are Red (The same as from Blank #1), Golden Brown and Dark Brown. These are colors I think about during the fall. Here at home, we usually get yellows and dried out brown. I do see myself as a Fall/Winter color person.
Thank you to Susan for helping me with the color ideas. She also suggested not creating a standard pattern. I changed color randomly, and the bands are not the same size.
Here is a picture of my sock blank now. I am knitting a K2P1 ribbing. When you click on the picure, you will be lead to my sock blank album. I took several pictures, but did not find one that really showed off the colors. I also decided I need a sock blocker. I have one on order, and will probably take more pictures of my socks.