Friday, April 27, 2007

Update

I'm in Reno this weekend for a Conference and the Nevada State Education Association, Annual Delegate Assembly. Lots of sitting and listening time, so lots of Knitting Time!

I am already on my third Master Practice Swatch. I'm knitting my practice on Patton Acrylic. I skipped lunch today and went yarn shopping. My final swatches will be on Summer Sky Cascade 220. No camera this weekend, but I should get shots next week. Why a practice and a final? I did not have the right kind of wool that would be best for light color, and wool blocks better than acrylic. Besides, practice does make perfect.

If your ever in Reno, near the Peppermill Hotel, just 3 blocks or so North, in the NE corner, there is a CVS, just to the left is a mall with a Ben Franklin. This Ben Franklin is worth visiting. I'm guessing 8 to 10 aisles of yarn. Great selection of yarns from companies that usually deal with the knit shops only (Noro, Cascade, Berroco, and others) along with the standard Red Heart. I did see colors from Lion Heart, I have not seen in shopping in Michael's/Joann's/Walmart.

The baby hats are for a friend, whose daughter is having twins. Grandma promises pictures after the babies are born.

What is a CB Vest? Same vest, but I am using two colors. If your not sure who CB is, just wait.

No comments: