Thursday, June 19, 2008

My first Sock Blank

Ok, what is a sock Blank? It is a new item at Knit Picks.
This is a sock Blank.





So what do you do with white, double knit sock yarn? You Dye it!



Mix the Dye. So this:



Becomes this:





My new sock yarn is resting on a towel, drying. I hope to swatch my socks over the weekend, and see which pattern I want to use. I have a complete album dedicated to my blanks. Click on any picture to view the entire album.

I had an entertaining afternoon. I went shopping after work to get my needed supplies. I soaked my blank in water, and mixed my dyes. I did not use any vinegar this time. The whole time I was working, I was catching up with the KnitPicks and It'sAPurlman Podcasts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thinking of doing the same thing. I have some Kool Aid and white sock yarn and a knitting machine so...

Your colours look fab to me.

SpongebobTanu said...

that looks gorgeous - i can't wait to see it knitted up.